Sennheiser Electronics Corporation e 825 S
Cardioid Dynamic Microphone
The Sennheiser e 825 is a low cost general purpose dynamic mic, suitable for live background vocals and public address.
The mic has a cardioid pattern, metal body and lockable, silent on/off switch. The dynamic cartridge is shockmounted to reduce handling noise.
The mic ships with a clip (p/n MZQ 800) and a storage pouch.
Sound On Sound 1998
As you might expect, the performance improves as you move up the range, but the entry level E825 works a lot better than you’d imagine it would for the price. It’s a little less sensitive than the other mics in the range, but it actually sounds quite natural, and once you get close up the proximity effect provides the necessary warmth.
The e800 series vocal microphones can be distinguished as follows:
- e815 (cardioid) - inexpensive mics for the consumer market
- e825 (cardioid) - entry-level mic for stage use
- e835 (cardioid) - best-selling vocal mic
- e838 (cardioid) - this is the e840 with a silver finish
- e840 (cardioid) - tuned for better projection on loud stages, improved feedback rejection; has 10-year warranty.
- e845 (supercardioid) - tighter pickup pattern for more feedback rejection is needed
According to Sennheiser, all these microphones share a basic moving-coil cartridge design, but differ in the size and shape of their diaphragms, the coil windings, damping elements, and resonators.
The Sennheiser Electronics Corporation e 825 S is also known as: e 825-S, e825, evolution 825.
The mic was released in 1998.
|Pickup Patterns||Pads & Filters|
(1.5 mV/Pa; 80 - 15,000 Hz)
|n/a||350 Ohms (Low)||SPL n/a
|329g (11.61oz)||179mm (7.05'')||48mm (1.89'')||
Did we get anything wrong on this page? Please let us know!