Coles Electroacoustics 4115
Bidirectional Ribbon Microphone
The Coles 4115 is a noise-canceling ribbon designed for situations requiring quality speech reproduction in high-noise environments such as aircraft and factories.
This mic utilizes a corrugated aluminum ribbon. The ribbon and body are damped to eliminate resonance and handling noise.
The 4115 is similar in design and function to the 4104, but there are notable differences:
- The 4115 is designed to be installed indoors, the 4104 is portable.
- The 4115 has an attached cable terminated with 3-pin 4069 plug. The 4104 has an XLR jack on the body.
- The head of the 4115 tilts on a hinge allowing the mic to be used wherever installed.
The 4115 was originally built by STC prior to 1974 when it was outsourced to Coles. The STC 4115 had a frequency response of 80–8,000 Hz, the modern Coles 4115 has a published frequency response of 30–15,000 Hz.
The 4115 is still in production and ships with:
- 4070 Floor stand plug adaptor
- 4071 Mic to stand adaptor with XLR
- 4069 to XLR
- Soft cloth protective bag
- Foam lined rigid plastic carrying case
The Coles Electroacoustics 4115 is also known as: 4114A.
|Pickup Patterns||Pads & Filters|
(0.5623 mV/Pa; 30 - 15,000)
|300 Ohms (Low)||Max SPL: 125 dB
|1080g (38.10oz)||197mm (7.76'')||61mm (2.40'')||
Did we get anything wrong on this page? Please let us know!