Shure Beta 98H/C
Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The Shure Beta 98H/C is a miniature cardioid condenser microphone designed to clamp onto the bell of wind instruments or onto the rim of percussion instruments. An integrated gooseneck and swivel joint allow the microphone to be easily positioned. An isolation shock-mount reduces the transmission of mechanical noise.
The Beta 98H/C features transformerless preamplifier circuitry, which improves linearity across the full frequency range.The pickup pattern of the Beta 98H/C provides high gain-before-feedback and excellent rejection of unwanted noise.Its high maximum sound pressure level (SPL) enables it to handle the extreme demands of brass, woodwind andpercussion instruments.
The microphone is supplied with a snap-on windscreen, a storage bag, a gooseneck angle brace, and a cable management device. The preamplifier is attached to the microphone via a 10-foot high-flex cable and requires 11-52 Vdcphantom power.*
*Where phantom power is not available, use the Shure WB98H/C with the MX1BP battery-powered preamplifier.
- The Beta98H/C features a 3m (10 ft.) high-flex cable with attached preamplifier (XLR connection).
- The WB98H/C features a 1.6m (5.3ft) high-flex cable terminating in a 4-pin mini-connector, for use with wireless bodypack transmitters.
- Tailored frequency response for open, natural sound reproduction
- Compact, lightweight construction provides a low degree of visibility
- Interchangeable microphone cartridges are available:
- RPM108 - Cardioid cartridge
- RPM110 - Supercardioid cartridge
- Gooseneck, ratcheting swivel joint, and gooseneck angle brace allow for optimum placement and fixed positioning
- Legendary Shure ruggedness and reliability
The Shure Beta 98H/C is also known as: Beta98HC, Beta 98H-C.
|Frequency Response - CardioidClick Graph to Compare!|
|Pickup Patterns||Pads & Filters|
(1.6 mV/Pa; 20 - 20,000 Hz)
| Diameter n/a
||150 Ohms (Low)||Max SPL: 155 dB
Did we get anything wrong on this page? Please let us know!