SE Electronics 2200a
Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The sE2200A is a fixed-cardioid, large-diaphragm condenser mic; it is a revised version of the company’s model 2200, itself well-received as a decent, inexpensive, general-purpose LDC.
The single-diaphragm capsule measures 1'' in diameter.
How does the 2200a differ from the 2200?
- The 2200a uses more surface-mount components.
- The body of the 2200a has been redesigned.
- Mechanical resonances have been reduced.
- HPF and pad switches have been improved.
- The “full replacement” period of the warranty was doubled to 2 years for the 2200a.
- The strength and finish quality of the shockmount have been improved.
the 2200A produces a noticeably smooth, comfortable sound, with a slightly fatter low end and well-defined, but silky-smooth highs. The 2200A’s frequency plot shows a gentle bass hump at the low end, matched by a very wide, shallow rise at the high end, giving the mic a slight ‘smile’ characteristic that is both subtle and flattering.
FutureMusic reports that the mic’s frequency response changes when the -10dB pad is engaged.
The 2200a ships with an elastic shockmount. Two packaging options are available (prices as of late 2011):
- With a flight case, $399
- No flight case, $349
The SE Electronics 2200a is also known as: sE2200a.
The mic was released in 2004.
|Frequency Response - CardioidClick Graph to Compare!|
|Pickup Patterns||Pads & Filters|
(14.1 mV/Pa; 20 - 20,000 Hz)
| Diaphragm diameter: 25mm
||200 Ohms (Low)||Max SPL: 125 dB
|n/a||178mm (7.01'')||51mm (2.01'')||
Did we get anything wrong on this page? Please let us know!