Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone
The X-M is a compact omni condenser built around a 6mm electret capsule.
The X-M is offered with three output options:
- active-balanced output (transformerless); normal sensitivity - requires 12V phantom; 20 - 20kHz response; self-noise 22 dBA; sensitivity 40 mV/Pa
- active-balanced output (transformerless); low sensitivity - requires 12V phantom; 20 - 20kHz response; self-noise 25 dBA; sensitivity 10 mV/Pa
- transformer-balanced output - runs on 9V phantom; 40 - 20kHz response; self-noise 21 dBA; sensitivity 5.6 mV/Pa
Further, the X-M can be made with three response options:
- free-field - flat HF response on-axis, for use in near-field instrument miking or measurement applications where neutral high-frequency response is desired.
- diffuse-field - rising HF response above 10kHz, peaking at +10dB @ 20kHz.
- switched - for a $10 charge, the X-M can be prepared with a switchable EQ circuit that offers both free-field and diffuse-field responses in one microphone
All three response options are available with any of the three output-circuit options, yielding a total of 9 varieties of X-M. Note that the sensitivity, frequency response, self-noise, and power requirements differ across these choices. See the Naiant site for full details.
Like all Naiant microphones, the X-M is built to order by Jon O’Neil, and carries a 5-year warranty. It is also available in matched pairs for stereo recording.
Permalink: Naiant X-M
|Frequency Response - OmnidirectionalClick Graph to Compare!|
|Pickup Patterns||Pads & Filters|
(varies mV/Pa; 20 - 20,000 Hz)
| Diaphragm diameter: 6mm
|73g (2.57oz)||117mm (4.61'')||19mm (0.75'')||
Did we get anything wrong on this page? Please let us know!